We’re excited to announce the release of Anaconda Distribution 5.2! With over 6 million users, Anaconda Distribution is the world’s most popular and easiest way to do Python data science and machine learning.
Download and install Anaconda Distribution 5.2 now, or update your current Anaconda Distribution installation to version 5.2 by using
conda update conda followed by
conda install anaconda=5.2.
Highlights of Anaconda Distribution 5.2:
- Over 100 packages have been updated or added to the distribution. Key updates include: Qt v5.9.5, OpenSSL v1.0.2o, NumPy 1.14.3, SciPy v1.1.0, Matplotlib v2.2.2, and Pandas 0.23.0.
- Security fixes for more than 20 packages based on a deep-dive of CVE vulnerabilities
- Improved Windows multi-user installations by providing more dynamic shortcut working directory behavior
- Windows installers control their environment more carefully, which should reduce installation issues where menu shortcuts fail to be created
- Windows installers disallow the characters ! % ^ = in installation path to prevent later usability issues
- Default channels point to repo.anaconda.com instead of repo.continuum.io
- Developer certificate for macOS pkg installers is updated to Anaconda, Inc.
Full release notes: https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/release-notes
By Crystal Soja, Product Manager