© 2015-2020, Anaconda, Inc.
All rights reserved under the 3-clause BSD License:
This End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and Anaconda, Inc. ("Anaconda") and governs your use of Anaconda® Team Edition.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Anaconda hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to:
· Install and use the Anaconda® Team Edition, use of packages that are made available within Anaconda Team Edition can only be utilized by a registered user of Anaconda Team Edition.
· Modify and create derivative works of sample source code delivered in Anaconda® Team Edition; and
· Redistribute code files in source (if provided to you by Anaconda as source) and binary forms, with or without modification, solely for your internal business purposes and solely in accordance with the Documentation set forth at https://team-docs.anaconda.com... and the requirements below.
Anaconda may, at its option, make available patches, workarounds or other updates to Anaconda® Team Edition. Unless the updates are provided with their separate governing terms, they are deemed part of Anaconda® Team Edition licensed to you as provided in this Agreement.
Anaconda reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
· Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
· Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
· Neither the name of Anaconda nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
· Anaconda® Team Edition is used solely for your internal use in connection with developing and providing your products (which includes use by your Affiliates) and/or for the benefit of your end users and solely for such end users’ internal use, and are subject to applicable quantitative limitations on the number of total authorized users.
· The Anaconda® Team Edition should not be used as part of a commercial product for resale or as a service publicly offered to unauthorized third parties. Please contact the Anaconda team for a third party redistribution or embedded commercial license
· You shall not resell or use Anaconda® Team Edition for the benefit of any third parties (e.g., in an application service provider, managed security service, outsourcing, time-sharing or service bureau relationship, and otherwise part of a commercial offering made available to the public) unless expressly permitted by Anaconda in writing.
You acknowledge that, as between you and Anaconda, Anaconda owns all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to Anaconda® Team Edition and, with respect to third-party products distributed with or in Anaconda® Team Edition, the applicable third-party licensors own all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to such products. If you send or transmit any communications or materials to Anaconda suggesting or recommending changes to the software or documentation, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions or the like ("Feedback"), Anaconda is free to use such Feedback. You hereby assign to Anaconda all right, title, and interest in, and Anaconda is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although Anaconda is not required to use any Feedback.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ANACONDA AND ITS CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANACONDA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANACONDA AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR THE COSTS OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANACONDA® TEAM EDITION, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF ANACONDA AND ITS AFFILIATES UNDER OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED US$10.00.
Anaconda may, at any time, terminate this Agreement and the license granted hereunder if you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, you agree to promptly discontinue use of the Anaconda® Team Edition and destroy all copies in your possession or control. Upon any termination of this Agreement all provisions survive except for the licenses granted to you.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the licenses granted hereunder by you must be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Texas in each case located in Travis County, Texas, and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
Notice of Third Party Software Licenses
Anaconda® Individual Team contains software packages or tools licensed on an open source basis from third parties and binary packages of these third party tools. These third party software packages or tools are provided on an “as is” basis and are subject to their respective license agreements as well as this Agreement. These licenses may be accessed from within the Anaconda® Team Edition software or at https://www.anaconda.com/legal. Information regarding which license is applicable is available from within many of the third party software packages and tools and at https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs... and https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/. Anaconda reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change which third party tools are provided in Anaconda® Team Edition.
Intel® Math Kernel Library
Anaconda® Team Edition contains re-distributable, run-time, shared-library files from the Intel® Math Kernel Library (“MKL binaries”).
Copyright © 2018 Intel Corporation. License available at https://software.intel.com/en-... (the “MKL License”).
You may use and redistribute the MKL binaries, without modification, provided the following conditions are met:
· Neither the name of Intel nor the names of its suppliers may be used to endorse or promote products derived from the MKL binaries without specific prior written permission.
· No reverse engineering, decompilation, or disassembly of the MKL binaries is permitted.
You are specifically authorized to use and redistribute the MKL binaries with your installation of Anaconda® Team Edition subject to the terms set forth in the MKL License. You are also authorized to redistribute the MKL binaries with Anaconda® Team Edition or in the Anaconda® package that contains the MKL binaries. If needed, instructions for removing the MKL binaries after installation of Anaconda® Team Edition are available at https://docs.anaconda.com.
Anaconda® Team Edition also contains cuDNN™ software binaries (“cuDNN binaries”) from NVIDIA® Corporation. You are specifically authorized to use the cuDNN binaries with your installation of Anaconda® Team Edition subject to your compliance with the license agreement located at https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/sdk/cudnn-sla/index.html. You are also authorized to redistribute the cuDNN binaries with an Anaconda® Team Edition package that contains the cuDNN binaries. You can add or remove the cuDNN binaries utilizing the install and uninstall features in Anaconda® Team Edition.
cuDNN binaries contain source code provided by NVIDIA Corporation.
Arm Performance Libraries
Arm Performance Libraries (Free Version): Anaconda provides access to software and related documentation from the Arm Performance Libraries (“Arm PL”) provided by Arm Limited. By installing or otherwise accessing the Arm PL, you acknowledge and agree that use and distribution of the Arm PL is subject to your compliance with the Arm PL end user license agreement located at: https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/server-and-hpc/downloads/arm-performance-libraries/eula.
Export; Cryptography Notice
You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software, which include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. Anaconda® Team Edition includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country’s laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. See the Wassenaar Arrangement http://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
Anaconda has self-classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number EAR99, which includes mass market information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. No license is required for export of this software to non-embargoed countries. The Intel® Math Kernel Library contained in Anaconda® Team Edition is classified by Intel® as ECCN 5D992.c with no license required for export to non-embargoed countries.
The following packages are included in this distribution that relate to cryptography:
· openssl The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, commercial-grade, full-featured, and Open Source toolkit implementing the Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols as well as a full strength general purpose cryptography library.
· pycrypto A collection of both secure hash functions (such as SHA256 and RIPEMD160), and various encryption algorithms (AES, DES, RSA, ElGamal, etc.).
· pyopenssl A thin Python wrapper around (a subset of) the OpenSSL library.
· kerberos (krb5, non-Windows platforms) A network authentication protocol designed to provide strong authentication for client/server applications by using secret-key cryptography.
· cryptography A Python library which exposes cryptographic recipes and primitives.
· pycryptodome A fork of PyCrypto. It is a self-contained Python package of low-level cryptographic primitives. (https://pycryptodome.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/introduction.html)
· pycryptodomex A stand-alone version of pycryptodome.
· libsodium A software library for encryption, decryption, signatures, password hashing and more.
· pynacl A Python binding to the Networking and Cryptography library, a crypto library with the stated goal of improving usability, security and speed.
Last updated August 25, 2021